Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

And it really begins. . .

Dad came up on Friday night and picked up a U-Haul trailer Saturday morning.  Task-clean out the shed and garage and send home items that we can't or won't be able to take overseas.  O.M.G. is all I can say about that process!  No mineral samples, fossils, old wood, soil, exotic leathers, and nearly all food items.  So, the Baba made moccasins, trilobites, geodes, blah, blah, blah that we have been hauling around for years-boxed and ready to store.  Food will be given to those who need it.  I'm ticked that my tea can't even go.  Really, my decaf Constant Comment is a contamination hazard?  Those are the rules though, so we play by them.
The move date is still up in the air as the visas have not cleared yet.  Once they do, the movers can schedule. Seeing as this is Saturday, I really can't see them clearing Monday for a Thursday-Friday-Saturday pack and load.  Set to leave Les Bois on Tuesday following, but betting Lyle will have to change plans to leave from good old Wenatchee Town and I'll get to go solo with kiddos halfway around the world.  On the plus side of version #2 though is I don't have to spend 1-2 months with the kids in a hotel while Lyle goes to work every day!  Only a month or so. . .
At any rate, this is really happening and we are up for it.  Lots to look forward to and do.  I downloaded an Australian slang app for the iPad.  Hysterical!

No comments:

Post a Comment