Followers

Monday, June 20, 2011

And waiting yet. . .

So, school is out and waiting for the call that the visas are done to kick this into high gear.   Meanwhile, I read a great book on my Kindle this weekend - recommended by a parent at our daycare.  It's called In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson.  (I also had to download his Short History of Nearly Everything since I loved his style so much).  In it he travels and writes about his jaunts to various places in the country, many which most Australians haven't seen!  He seems to dwell on the various ways the country and its flora and fauna can kill you, but I guess that only makes it more interesting that way.  Australia has the most lethal spiders, snakes, jellyfish, crocs, sharks, and poisonous plants on earth.  Let alone be an idiot and go Outback without proper preparation!  I guess I have to roll my eyes a bit at those parts, and map out our travel adventures in our new continent.  Bring on the dangers, but stay out of croc infested waters mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment