Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

100th post!

Amazing, but I have to point out that I have now written 100 blogs!  Bit of a milestone.  And moving on.

The rain continues to be absolutely shocking.  It is measured daily in our equivalent of inches fallen.  The minimum for our area the last week has been 1/2 inch, the max near 1 1/2 inches.  It has varied from slight drizzle to flooding the front yard in half an hour as the drain is plugged with toad or lizard housing materials.  The creek we drive over to get to school is overflowing into the golf course again.  The sand traps have serious water erosion on the banks, or have become water hazards themselves!  This has been one of the wettest summers in over a decade-I think the drought is safely over-and is what I have been told is a more typical summer.  But cooler.  I shudder to think what it would be like with over 85 degree days and all this water.  Temps have been in the low 80's and they are welcome to stay there!

March 1 is the official start of Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.  I am so looking forward to winter!  Dry and sunny with highs in the low to mid 70's is my idea of heaven!

The weekly round up-swimming last Friday was a good night for both girls.  Annika's times have started dropping back to where she started this term.  The coach and I agreed she needs a bit more individual attention and will be coming back to the Saturday morning pre-squad group and just 1 day after school.  I think she was just so tired by the end of the week there wasn't any gas in the tank to sprint down the pool!  Alex has been hovering around her personal best times and not quite getting them down.  She's enjoying the time with her friends that have moved onto other high schools, so that is the big draw right now.  And the fact she just enjoys swimming!  Ian had a 1:1 martial arts lesson on Wednesday as the rain kept many kids away.  He was thrilled and the teacher was a delight to watch interact with him.  He knows his stuff (but is shaky with his English) and Ian loved kicking the pads and practicing a kick somersault combo.

I got to work in a grade 1 classroom that shares space with Ian's class.  We had a blast!  I enjoy the smaller kids in limited doses.  2 days is about right!  One of the little girls has serious sensory issues and me being there really disrupted her routine.  Mom was able to leave after 1/2 hour (finally) and she started to settle in.  I won her over during handwriting when I let her write on my back with her finger-even let me do it to her as well!  HUGE deal for a kid like that!  I'll be putting on the mom hat a lot this week to help pull together the Easter Raffle.  Tickets, getting the classes involved, getting info out to parents, etc.  I enjoy doing projects like this!

Lyle is STILL waiting to hear what the offer is going to be.  He is scheduled to be on the road again this next week, with nothing scheduled yet.  Bet that won't last past Monday!  This makes basically 6 weeks in a row.  I can't count the week he was supposed to be home as he still ended up down there for 2 days and a day trip up to Gladstone.  We continue to live our life and enjoy the moment.  It is really all we can do anyway!

As promised some pics of Alex at camp.  Tunneling and sticking out her tongue and climbing what is called The Giants Playground.  It's about 50-60 feet tall and she did the WHOLE thing!  Way to go girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment