Followers

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random stuff

Ok, so I have had a lot of things just going through my head and things that have happened.  So here goes the data dump!

I got my first ant bite a few weeks ago.  Right between my shoulder blades under my bra strap.  Happened in the girls change room at the school pool.  I managed to pin it with my finger, hollering, "Ant, Ant!"  One of the other moms came right over and helped to squish it.  Nasty buggers.  Feels like a bee sting.  No wonder the kids start to holler for ice when they get nailed by one (or more) of them!

Declared war on the cockroaches and ants again.  These things are nasty and hard to get rid of.  The pest control guy said they nest in motors, such as dishwashers and washing machines.  Two guesses where I have been finding the damn things!  He put out bait and sprayed for ants.  I also bought some outdoor ant bait.  Great stuff!  They swarm it and die in a few days.  Found the cockroach in the garage that has been evading my shoe for the last couple of weeks.  Dying on his back with legs waving!  We will be sorting through the boxes, repacking, and putting in mothballs.  Great things, mothballs!

Ian put on a pair of chino pants he hasn't worn in a few months.  They are seriously highwater on him!  He also "dove" off the pool staring block and swam to the side ladder to get out all by himself!  He is still talking about his birthday party.  It was a serious hit!

Last weekend of swim season.  Yay!  Friday night usual meet and Saturday night was the age championships.  Annika set a personal best in freestyle Saturday night, Alex set freestyle personal bests both on Friday and then again on Saturday!  She now qualifies to swim the special event races-100m various strokes at the start of the Friday night swims.  Wednesday night is trophy night and Thursday after school is pool party.  Long and busy week swimming here!

There is a lashing rainstorm that just crashed through.  Lightening, thunder, tons of rain.  Glad laptops run on battery power.  Just shut down the main computer and unplugged from the wall as the power is blinking already.  It is pretty awesome!  Very loud and bright.

I'm teaching the Chinese language class the last week of school this term and the first week of term 2.  And, no, I don't know Chinese!  I do know the kids in most of the classes now and they wanted me because I "can handle just about anything that comes my way."  I will also be doing 2 days a week in a 4th grade class for the rest of the year!  I'll be working with/for the teacher I did half of 3rd term for last year.  She asked for me!  So excited!

Lyle turned down the job offer from Newcastle.  On the other hand, he is spending nearly every week there!  Glad this week and next are both 4 day weeks with public holidays on Good Friday and the Monday after Easter.  The kids also have 2 weeks off for the end of term break.  They need to catch up on their sleep!  The two youngers are crabby.  Course, Alex is too, but we chalk that up to almost 13!

We got sad news from Wenatchee this morning.  Our timeshare dog, Happy, passed away last week.  He was 14 1/2 years old and kept going until the end.  We are all sad to hear this, but fondly remember getting to keep him when his mom and dad were out of town.  He would trade nights sleeping with the girls, often banging his head on the underside of the top bunk when he hopped in with Annika!  He would also try to sleep with us, hogging most of the bed, until he got evicted and went to the girls.  Loved having him escape his yard and come to our front door barking to be let in to play!  Miss you Happy Dog.

On a good note, found an Ugg outlet shop.  Boots for Alex, slippers for me!  If you must have a pair, let me know your shoe size and style you are looking for!  They also carry the Emu line, so if you know and must have, drop me an email.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment